BAT MBE 194
72 Cours de la République
Villeurbanne, Rhône 69100 France
- Interuniversity Laboratory of motion biology, University of Claude Bernard, Lyon (France)
- International Society for Orthomolecular Medicine
- Société Francophone de Nutrithérapie et de Nutrigénétique Appliquée
- OrthoDiet – Nutrition Orthomoléculaire®
Amin Gasmi is an Algerian physiologist and orthomolecular scientist who lives in France. He had his physical therapist degree in 2006 and studied holistic nutrition in the College of Alternative Medicines in Canada. Then, he studied sports physiology and physical training for 5 years in Algiers. During this period he worked with different national teams (taekwondo and athletics) and other sports clubs as physiotherapist and sports nutritionist. Between 2012 and 2013, he attended SANMO seminars and begin his adventure with orthomolecular medicine. In SANMO, he translated courses of German-speaking lecturers from German to French. In September 2013, he went to France and did master degrees with focus in research methodology in biological and health sciences. 2014 was a year were he began his activity as orthomolecular trainer when he created the francophone training program called Nutrition Orthomoléculaire ® destined to health and sports professionals. In the same time, he founded the orthomolecular francophone website OrthoDiet.org with related francophone social networks (Facebook pages and groups, LinkedIn and twitter) and YouTube Channel. He also worked as orthomolecular scientist and independent orthomolecular consultant and did many lectures and interventions in the field of orthomolecular science. After building a strong Francophone professional network in French-speaking Europe, he decided with friends and colleagues who was very active in the field of orthomolecular nutrition (as Alain Menzel, Salva Piscopo and others) to create SOFNNA to promote an orthomolecular modern approach based on the study of nutrigenetics and metabolism in relation to orthomolecules. In parallel, he is preparing his PhD, which include orthomolecular and nutrigenetic aspects in obesity.
Contributions to Orthomolecular Medicine
- President and founder of Francophone Society for Nutritherapy and Applied Nutrigenetics SOFNNA (since october 2018)
- Founder of the francophone training program Nutrition Orthomoléculaire® (since January 2014)
- Founder of the francophone orthomolecular website: orthodiet.org (since 2014)
- Creator of Youtube orthomolecular nutrition YouTube Channel called “Nutrition & Research Development NR&D – OrthoDiet” à https://www.youtube.com/medecineorthomoleculaire (Since January 2016)
- Orthomolecular trainer of francophone health and sports professionals in french-speaking Europe (since 2014)
- Former active member of SANMO (Société Algérienne de Nutrition et de Médecine Orthomoléculaire): translation from german to french of courses and conferences delivred in SANMO by german and austrian lecturers (2012 – 2013)
- Contributions (translations and interventions) to other orthomolecular organizations such as ASMAP in Morocco (Association des Sciences Médicales Alternatives et Préventives) (2018)
- Gasmi A., Gasmi H., Intérêt de la traction lombaire dans le traitement de la lombosciatalgie par hernie discale (Effect of lumbar traction in the treatment of lumbosciatalgia by discal hernia), FMT medical, 107: 20-23, 2013.
- Gasmi A., Impact de la supplémentation en créatine monohydrate dans l’amélioration de la qualité de force maximale chez les pratiquants des sports de musculation (Impact of creatine monohydrate supplementation in improving strength in weight training athletes), Bulletin Ortho (SANMO), 4: 105-113, 2013.
- Gasmi A., Effet de vingt jours de supplémentation en vitamine C sur le rendement physique des taekwondistes masculins de haut niveau (Effect of twenty days of vitamin C supplementation on the physical qualities in male taekwonders of high level), Ortho, 10: 79-89, 2013.
- Gasmi A., Menzel A., Cancer et vitamine C – Prévention et thérapie du cancer par mégadoses de vitamine C (Cancer and vitamin C Review – High doses vitamin C cancer prevention and therapy), OrthoDiet, 2016
- Gasmi A., Variability & health – Heart rate variability, OrthoDiet, 2017
- Gasmi A., Menzel A., Vade mecum de vitaminothérapie et de nutrigénétique (Vade mecum of vitamin therapy and nutrigenetics) – Nutrition Orthomoléculaire®